Position Type: Contract 12+Mos
Location: McKinney, TX (currently 100% remote)
BALANCED Media|Technology, through their mission to bring positive purpose to play is seeking a qualified videogame designer to lead development of pioneering entertainment experiences that push the bounds of what games are capable of achieving.
- Concept Origination
- Develop interesting and fun concepts within needs of health science purposes. Communicate these through effective written communication/documentation.
- Game Design Documentation
- Game Mechanic Design
- Level Design
- Game Balance
- Design and Specify User Interface and Use Experience requirements
- Testing, Debugging, and Analyzing
- Passion for video games.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Game Design or Game Production.
- Excellent written communication skills- ability to solicit and gather information from all stakeholders and synthesize to completely and clearly communicate all aspects of a game’s design and requirements through documentation that other team members and departments can readily use to inform their development.
- Organized, self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Previous Game Design and Development experience (shipped at least one published title).
- Ability to work effectively with a large amount of ambiguity and adapt easily to change.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects, switching focus and priorities to respond to business needs.
- Strong knowledge of Human-Computer Interaction, User Testing, Usability and User Experience.
- Strong knowledge of game software technology and game art production.
- Self-sufficient but capable of both collaborative workflow, quick iteration, and the ability to pivot
- Ability to communicate effectively with a cross-disciplinary team
Who We Are
BALANCED Media | Technology is a crowdsourced healthcare artificial intelligence company bringing purpose to play. BALANCED is focused on changing the way researchers, pharmaceutical and medical device companies leverage machine learning to advance the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. BALANCED, a 2019 Tech Titan winner that has been recognized as an industry innovator by multiple groups including the Dallas Business Journal and Dallas Innovates, is also creating the 8 CELL video game that aids in medical/health education and research. The McKinney, Texas based company is headed by founders in data science, computing, video game development and the medical/healthcare industries.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com